Friday 8 January 2016

Slow as a snail and rantings

Sometimes, it is very pissing off that how your seniors at work have been scolding you that you are not competent and working very slow.

Ok. First things first, when I've a to-do list for the day and plan to have the work done, out of sudden, they will pass me some unnecessary stuff, like photocopying, do some "taking the dog for a walk" kind of job, then how do you expect me to finish the cases you want me to do? Then my to-do list is also ruined because of them.

Next, when I said I've been chasing the auditors for their draft report and stuff, I did my part. How's scolding me going to make it work? Fine, the cases I've been doing are mostly dormant, but I can't help it when the auditors kept saying that the draft report is not ready. I don't have magic to make it happen.

Then you have seniors scolding you that you're working slow and all cases are dormant. Excuse me! I do have cases which are active. It really hurts when they throw this kind of insult at you.

This reminds me, when I had my appraisals done by seniors, they list out my "bad" side, then I said, then what about the "good" part, one of them said that what good listening the "good" side. Well, for starters, it gives you encouragement. Like come on! I'm still human, not robot for you to order around. Ok then, the other senior did mention my good side, which is to follow up on cases, then the senior that said about "discouraging" to good side, asked me that will I "overdo" the follow up part. Like when the client says will revert to me by one week and I'll call client to make sure he will revert. Of course I'll do it! Everything is urgent right? But I know she doesn't want to lose in arguments. I just let her be because the more I fight back, the more crappy things she will say.

Done with that part of ranting, but I have to admit, what she says about we have to listen to the bad side because that's how we improve, but we need to hear what we are good at so we can maintain it that way, and not knowing what we're good at may deteriorate if we have no idea what we are doing is good.

Well, let's just hope for the best and just fight on.


Love
AceCrusaider

No comments:

Post a Comment